The current Indian business scenario is marked with disruptive elements that prevent organizations from being complacent about their market positions. The increasing use of virtual assistants, AI-powered bots, and automated technologies has made most conservative manual jobs redundant. However, corporates require employees who can provide invaluable inputs for competitive differentiation and lead the organizations’ decision-making process; something that machines can’t do.
The dynamic capabilities of PGDM make it a plausible solution to address the rapidly changing business environments. Corporates that strive to reconfigure their core competencies often depend on the b-schools to provide them with the required skilled workforce to bring that change.
India has also witnessed a recovering phase in the aftermath of structural reforms such as GST, a pandemic fighting economy, a sudden surge in remote workforce, and workers’ mass displacement. PGDM students are positioned to champion growth initiatives, prioritize workflows, and optimize allocated resources for producing exceptional results. Hence, organizations look up to technology and a skilled workforce to help them sail these testing times.
Value-propositions of PGDM in today’s Indian Market:
- Demand from Startup and Corporate partnership:
India has the third-largest startup ecosystem globally, and with new India added around 2-3 startups on a daily basis in 2019. The corporates have recognized the potential that startups can unravel in the current Indian market. Therefore, there is an emerging trend of corporate-startup partnership that is propelling job opportunities for PGDM graduates.
- Positives in Indian Economy: Political stability, reforms, growing foreign investments, and rising stock markets are inherent strengths of the Indian economy that make it one of the most conducive countries for business growth. Recent investments in reliance industries by foreign entities are a testimony to it. With every investment comes a requirement for a skilled human resource and PGDM students are the most preferred corporate choices for workforce requirements.
- Rise in domestic investments: The surge in domestic investments has strengthened India’s economic credentials and mitigated the vacuum in the job sector by creating ample opportunities for the skilled ones, especially the management graduates.
- Unending corporate demand: Top tier Indian corporate sectors such as private banks, NBFCs, FMCG companies, Ecommerce ventures, IT, Manufacturing, and many more are constantly in need of professionally groomed management students with the right industry-specific knowledge. A PGDM student ends their search with his/her ability to redefine business solutions for industry 4.0.
- Relevance: The most advanced economies have reached a saturation point in growth, while Indian Incorporations still have a long way to go. Scouting for the best talent pool brings corporates to quality B Schools. The acceptance of mediocre or low-quality management graduates is not valid anymore. When other management courses have outlived their utility, PGDM still stands tall in creating potential hires for the corporates. With quality b schools emanating quality students, the packages have gone considerably high for the PGDM graduates.
- No demand dropoff: Unlike other management courses, including MBA, PGDM has never witnessed a demand drop off. One particular reason that can be attributed to this is that PGDM develops all kinds of skills required to handle managerial posts such as domain-specific skills, soft skills, IT skills, communication skills, etc.
The Value-quotient of PGDM student derives its strength from:
- PGDM’s specializations are woven around industry demands. Corporate expectations make their way in the flexible curriculum model of PGDM.
- B Schools are quick enough to get rid of subjects, electives, modules, etc. that have become outdated and, therefore, not required by Industries.
- The Industry-centric PGDM program unleashes students’ management skills by continuous exposure to live projects, workshops, webinars, guest lectures, and internships.
- PGDM is an industry-aligned course that provides incredible insights into the actual working standards and protocols of the Indian corporate world.
- A PGDM graduate excels on all parameters of managerial skills, emotional intelligence, balanced execution of core business tasks. PGDM has brought the required green shoot of change with its robust curriculum and updated modules.
- PGDM fosters the intellectual processing required to mitigate all market constraints and deliver results amidst the most critical circumstances.
Why are PGDM students highly valued in the Indian Job Market?
- A PGDM student is employable with little reorientation as he or she already has a lot of industry exposure.
- PGDM students understand the pillars of business. They can resonate with innovative solutions to tackle business challenges. Corporates value the skills such as quantitative ability, data analytics, logical decision making, domain knowledge, and many more of a PGDM graduate.
- The immense practical industry exposure of a PGDM student eliminates any illusions about the corporate world. Students are highly prepared for real-life work situations, job pressure, critical challenges, and other work nuances.
- PGDM students are a perfect fit for entry into the business world as they understand corporate terminology, know the jargon, and ways of the business world. The natural progression and development of business acumen in these students give them an edge in the job market.
- PGDM students can optimize, control, and streamline management workflows in their organizations, and there is no skill gap that can adversely affect companies.
- The kind of reliance that the PGDM students display also makes them fully armed to embark on the journey of entrepreneurial pursuits or venture out to take their family businesses to ultimate levels.
Corporates consider PGDM students as ‘strategic assets’ that are vital to their organization’s long-term success. Organizations deploy PGDM students at various roles of leadership, strategy, execution, management, delivery, service, and innovation. Hence, the value of PGDM in today’s market is immense.